Are we set up our Independent Test environment on the right way?
- Simulate live environment as a test environment to improve our test coverage.
- All services and COTs software must be integrated with Test environment too.
- User test Data needs to masked/ encrypted before go to the Test environment.
- The database should be independent and not be shared with Development environment effort.
- All test machine must able to access to testers as a read-only privilege if needed.
- Server logs and Audit logs must be read-only options to the tester(s) to validate the responses.
- The QA ENVIRONMENT code should be QA = P+(EB+D)
- QA = Production setup and base code + ( Enhancement & Bug Fixes + Development source code)
- So whenever the code is deployed to QA, Don’t put it on hold for test execution … Keep showing our(qa) testing progress then push to market on time as much early.
- Don’t DO YOUR TESTING IN LIVE(PRODUCTION) ENVIRONMENT PLEASE…
- Happy Testing 🙂
In our real-world scenario 90% of our development team(s) does not have time to set up the above test entry criteria, So we have to deal with it by cost. Yes! Quality of cost will be increased due to additional works effort.
From the Test environment setup standpoint, we’d hard to find the difference between Test environment vs Live environment … are we?
Image credit goes to thesprucecrafts